»

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Character Meet and Greets

I mentioned in one of my previous posts (Magic Kingdom report) that I love character meet and greets.  To me, these are such a good addition to any Disney park trip and can add a special spark of magic. Some of my favorite moments and memories are shared with characters and cast members, having fun conversations and interaction.

This past month I was able to partake in two opportunities for character greets that were all new to me, I was very excited for this.  At the end of January, Disneyland celebrated the Lunar New Year and had a meet and greet with Mulan and Mushu. The area around Small World was decorated with beautiful red lanterns in the trees and banners adorned with Chinese characters. Before each greeting session, Mulan and Mushu would come out surrounded by dancers in wonderfully detailed Chinese dresses, the dancers would stay out and had ribbons for the kids to twirl and dance with.

Mulan is one of my favorite Disney “princesses” and I was super happy for the chance to take a photo with her (even though I had gotten one during our Disney World trip) along with Mushu. When I went up there Mulan points at my lip and, in a concerned voice, asks me if the Huns had gotten a hold of me. For those who don’t know me well, I have a lip ring. She asked if they had marked me and if it hurt, it was cute and sweet of her. At the same time Mushu had taken one of my (long) braids and was using it to make a moustache on his face and had people around laughing, it was so fun and some of my favorite interactions so far.

Mulan and Mushu

 The second new meet for me happened at the end of February. For a few weeks around Mardi Gras Disneyland celebrated in New Orleans Square with Bayou Bash. I didn’t get to see as much of the Bash as I was hoping for but I was able to take some time for one meet and greet. When I went over to the greet area, over in the Court of Angels, I was expecting there to be a large amount of people and was very surprised to find none! Mickey had just ended his meet session and I decided to wait for the next one with Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen.

While waiting I had a very nice chat with a family that also came over to wait about character meets, pin trading and food. We also had a talk with a great CM (Cast Member) who came over and handed out Mardi Gras beads to all of us. When Tiana and Naveen came out I went over and said hello. I complimented Tiana on her dress which caused Naveen to get a  little jealous and ask what I thought of his outfit. It was funny and casual which was nice.

Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen

What are some of your favorite character meet moments? I look forward to having many more memorable character meet moments throughout the year and I hope you all do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment