»

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Epcot day 1 {Part 1 ~ Future World}

WDW trip report.  October 2011, first ever visit and 5th wedding anniversary.

Wednesday  October 27th, 2011

I was super excited for Epcot! There was just something about this place that I knew it would become my favorite park of the trip. We had two day scheduled for Epcot, there is so much to see and do plus the Food and Wine festival was going on at the time of our visit. I, of course, took TONS of images that I am really excited to share. 
The weather was beautiful when we got to the park, it was really close to opening and the crowd was pretty minimal. 

The view right when you walk through the gate.


We are here!!

These next few pictures were taken with Photopass.


Yay for Epcot!

The wonders of Disney magic.

It took awhile to get through the front of the park, mostly because I was going photo happy, haha.



We didn't really have a plan for today, other than to experience everything we possibly could. The first attraction I saw as we walked through was Test Track, I was actually pretty excited to experience this one. It was a lot of fun, I really enjoyed it.

Here we go!

Waiting for our car.

LoL!!

After that we headed toward the Mission Space attraction. So I had read that this ride had two versions, the Orange version (full thrill) and the Green version (wimpy one, haha) and Andy tried to convince me to go for the Orange. I was not too sure about a ride that requires barf bags so I opted out for that. We ended up riding the Green version and I loved it! It was so fun. It was only Andy and I in our mission so I didn't feel bad talking and joking. It was fun.

The attraction entrance is so neat.

Inside the queue. Such amazing details.

Ready for something a little more relaxing we headed over to the Seas pavilion. I had a lot of fun here as well. The Nemo attraction is super cute and getting to see all the sea life in the aquarium area was awesome as well.



Bloat! Awesome.

Dory and Marlin!

Yay!

The exterior of the building.

A beach feature inside the building.

A circular aquarium held a group if Seahorses!

No Bruce!! Friend not food!

After the Seas we checked out the Imagination Pavilion, took a ride on Spaceship Earth, and headed over to the Universe of Energy Pavilion for Ellen's Energy Adventure.

Imagination Pavilion. You can find the Journey Into Imagination attraction here.

The fountains outside the pavilion were awesome and so much fun!




A video of our future, LoL!! So funny.

We didn't actually go in there... not sure why..

About to relax for 45 minutes on Ellen's Energy Adventure, LoL.

At this point we were getting pretty hungry so we headed over to the Land Pavilion. We had plans to eat lunch at Sunshine Seasons that day. We also rode Living with the Land but I don't have any pics from that attraction. On to the food, haha!


Andy's turkey and monterey jack on ciabatta with potato salad.

Andy's pumpkin cheesecake.

My carsar salad with oak fired chicken.

My strawberry shortcake.

After lunch we decided it was time to head into World Showcase, an area I was super excited to explore!

On our way to World Showcase!!

So there you have it! Part 1 of our first day at Epcot. Coming soon... Epcot day 1 {Part 2 ~ World Showcase}


1 comment: