»

Monday, December 19, 2011

Magic Kingdom Day Part 1.

WDW trip report. October 2011, first ever visit and 5th wedding anniversary.

Wednesday October 26th, 2011

I didn’t get much sleep the first night, I was way to excited to just be there, so I was glad that the alarm went off really early. I had decided the way I wanted to start my Disney vacation was at the Magic Kingdom. There is just something about walking onto Main Street and seeing Cinderella castle at the end, to me that is THE Disney moment. I also knew that I really wanted to go to a character breakfast! (Back to that in a bit)
Our reservation was at 8:10am so we got ready and headed over to the buses. Remember, this is all new to us so, I have to admit I was a little anxious about how it was all going to go. Good thing Disney is awesome and makes everything as easy as it can be for guests. Once we got to the bus area there was a Magic Kingdom bus almost ready to leave so we ran over and hopped on. The trip to the park was really fast and I was so in awe of the area I spent the entire ride staring out the window.

We got to the park and headed for the entrance. Right away I was all smiles and my camera was going at full speed. It was fairly cloudy so I was really excited for the contrast for some images. We got into a line for breakfast reservations. I should mention that the park didn’t actually open to the public till 9am, so those of us with reservations got to go in before anyone else. This was really awesome because it gave me the change to get some pictures of Main Street without to many people.

Cloudy morning at the entrance to the Magic Kingdom.



Waiting to go in!!

The minute I got into the park and on Main Street, saw Cinderella castle down at the end… I was like a 5 year old kid! It was amazing to me, just the way I had been imagining it in my head. The buildings on the street are so beautiful and it was decorated for Halloween, which is one of my favorite holidays. Andy and I took a few moments to look around and grab some pictures; we used Disney Photo Pass photographers to get images of us as often as we could.

Love the architecture. 



At the Magic Kingdom! Love it!

Main Street

With the Partners Statue and Cinderella Castle

It's so beautiful!

Our breakfast reservation was at the Crystal Palace which is a very beautiful restaurant at the end of Main Street overlooking the castle. I checked in, received a pager and walked around taking some more pictures while I waited for our table to be ready. It seemed like no time at all before they called our name and we headed inside to our table. The inside of the Crystal Palace is just as beautiful as the outside. I especially loved the flower topiaries of the characters that are host to this fun breakfast, Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Piglet and Eeyore!

Or breakfast destination, so pretty.


Waiting patiently

Piglet topiary

Eeyore topiary

Winnie the Pooh topiary

Tigger topiary

The Crystal Palace is a buffet breakfast with plenty of good traditional American food options. My favorite was the Mickey shaped waffles, which I had been looking forward to ever since I made the reservation to eat here. I also thought it was really awesome that, at character dining locations, you don’t have to wait around in a line to meet the characters. It was nice to sit back and enjoy our food and each of the characters came by my table to see me! I love that. They all signed my autograph book and took a picture and made me feel totally special, just what I was hoping for.

Entrance to the Crystal Palace

Decorations on our table for our Anniversary

Meeting Pooh Bear

I love Eeyore!!

Hi Piglet!

Tigger!

Andy's first plate

My first plate

After our very tasty breakfast and a quick stop to drop off our sweaters in a locker we headed over to Tomorrowland and our first ride destination, Space Mountain. Now, I am used to the ride we have here in Disneyland so I was excited to see the difference. I have to admit that I kind of like their queue more but I still love our Mountain, but it was a lot of fun and we both enjoyed it. Another thing I was REALLY looking forward to was the Peoplemover! This is one ride I miss very much from Disneyland and I could not wait to go for a ride.

By the Main Street Railroad

Inside Space Mountain

YAY!!!!!

I'm really excited for this!

Andy on the Peoplemover

Me on the Peoplemover!

I kicked butt on Buzz Lightyear but Andy is not a fan of this ride...

We check out a few more rides in Tomorrowland and walked around taking in some of the details, then decided to head across the way over to Liberty Square, stopping to take a few photos along the way. I was pretty excited to see Liberty Square, this is an area of the park that we don’t have in Disneyland was it was neat to see something different. I really loved the colonial feel to Liberty Square, the architecture is beautiful and I love the historical details like the Liberty Tree and the Liberty Bell replica. We had some fun taking a few pictures in the stalks before heading on to the Haunted Mansion.

Mickey and Minnie topiary

Look where I am!! Ta Da!

Beautiful day in the Magic Kingdom

Cinderella Castle is amazing

One of my favorite images!

Liberty Tree replica

Liberty Bell replica

Andy in the stalks!

Haunted Mansion is one of my absolute favorite rides so I was really interested in the differences between the two. The line was pretty minimal so we took some extra time walking through the new interactive queue, which I really enjoyed. The details here just blow me away! I would have to say that I was the most excited for the organ with “Ravenscroft” inscribed on it, I am a big fan of his contributions to the Disney company, the vocals for “Grim Grinning Ghosts” being one of my favorites. I know there was quite a bit of “talk” when the interactive queue was announce but I have to say that I really enjoyed it and I would recommend anyone who is there for the first time to check it out.

Murder Mystery game at the interactive queue entrance

So excited!! This was really neat.



Leota's tombstone was awesome! (Video of this will come later.)

The Haunted Mansion!

I loved it.

~~Magic Kingdom Day Part 2 coming soon!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE it Jennifer !! So lucky ! Thank you so much for sharing all these beautiful and wonderful pictures !! And of course anything with Eeyore .. amazing !! Can't wait for Part 2 !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lyssa! I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this post! (Must add this blog to my blog roll. I didn't know you had this one). I love the topiaries! SO FUN! You photos were great and made me feel like I was there along side you. Can't wait to see more! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing!! You captured some awesome photos!!! I love the Crystal Palace. I've had 4 character breakfasts there :) I go every time I visit Disney World.

    ReplyDelete